Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CPA Seanbo

CPA Seanbo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

HI , this is my first entry into this bleeping computer.... its funny but this is so similar to the probem I'm having. Yesterday I loaded a new accounting software package and shortly after I loaded the program I was introduced to this extemely persistent pop up message" One of the files containing the system's registry data had to be recovered by use of a lot or alternative copy. The recovery was successful." I tried system restore several times using different restore dates .. but its been no use. I called the tech support line at PPC where I purchased the software package from and they were baffeled as well and suggested I down load CC registery cleaner which I did... and subesquently ran that program as well.. .still no good..... the pop up is still popping up and will not got away. Now, after reading these comments about using registry cleaners Im wondering if I scewed up even worse....

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Also.... .since this is my first time using this web site if Im posting wrong or asnwering in an incorrect forum please let me know

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

System manufacturer and model?

What is the name/version of this accounting package?

FWIW, I was an accountant in one of my former lives :thumbsup:.

What SP is installed on your system?

FWIW: Typically, loading software which produces any type of error...needs investigation as to why the error occurred. The clues are usually in the error message.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users