Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blowing off some steam!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:20 PM

Nothing pisses me off than ignorant, lazy, dont give a bleep workers. I mean you have a job, your providing a service; at least do it with dignity and be helpful.

I went yesterday to go the post office to get PO Box for bleeping. THey were closing at 8, i was there at 6:30. I wait 30 minutes to get to the desk and the woman says "Welllllll, we really dont do po box rentals this late... you need to come in at 4." I know shes BSing me but refuses to let me sign up.

So i get home call the post office and they say it was untrue and that I can come in tomorrow to do it. So i come in there today wait on line again and am told "Oh see that person in front of you. They took the last PO Box." Now I am fuming, but as there is nothing I can do I walk out. I thought of speaking to the manager, but at places like this , it is useless.

So on the way home, I say to myself, I should have checked for a waiting list. I get home call them again, and ask to be put on a waiting list. This is what they tell me..." Oh you need to come into the office to fill out the form". I go " I was just there being told there was no PO Boxes and why didnt anyone tell me abouit the waiting list." THe woman goes "Oh, they must have forgotten".

If you only knew how mad I am right now. Actually I am going to call and ask for a manager. This is ridiculous.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:50 PM

United States Postal Service Office of Inspector General
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:50 PM

Do not ask for a manager. Kick back--take deep breath; then make a formal request to bring your sitiution before the Postmaster--contact the PM office, get an appoinment. Mention to the receptionist who takes your call: whether it be necessary or allowed to bring with you an attorney or a member of the press that you play golf with 3 days per week etc. When she asks why the appt. say that you were denied services necessary for you do do business--perhaps based on ethnicity..blah-blah. The PM is a pol--very interested in good press etc. Make sure you have or remember the names of the miscreants you dealt with. Do not bother going back to the PO that you dealt with--if you do it right you won't need to- After many years dealing with the fed buereuocrats I can tell you:be cool ,but firm. :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: --This will be slam dunk if you are patient and laid back!!
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

#4 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:52 PM

Also, we poor little bleepers need you to help us full time. :thumbsup: You can't help us waiting in line at the G'dam post Office!!!!!! :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove:
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2004 - 06:17 PM

LOL...thanks for the advice. I will definitely take it into consideration.

How do you find out the postmaster btw? Is there one assigned to the entire city?

#6 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2004 - 06:29 PM

Yes-Yes-Yes--also mention the PO Inspector General--Get his name -it should (better be) available. This sort of reminds me of some of the discussion lately about the power of Bloggers, internet etc (as opposed to years ago). The Dan rather business! Not so long ago when one of them said something on the 6 OK news we had to take it as gospel. Things are different now-GREAT! We live in a great country: transparent (hopefully) govt ops and a super comm system in case they don't allow transparency. This system will overcome, over time, all that is wrong in our world--despots,dictators and crooked pols.--- I say SIC EM. If need be we can start a fund to defend Bleeping Computer and our right to have a g'dam PO box. Shame-they are trampling on our rights of free speech--rant-rant-etc. We should have a ranting smilie for this site--- :thumbsup:

#7 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2004 - 06:31 PM

Call your main PO in your city--ask for his name and his Tel #--They have to give it to you--Freedom of Information Act-- :thumbsup: :flowers:

#8 noonytunes

noonytunes

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 08 October 2004 - 06:40 PM

:flowers: Life is always testing our patience. I've been failing miserably lately...impatience is maybe "in the air". There are alternatives to the US Postal Service for mail boxes...but USPS is quite reasonable. I've had a personal box for 10 1/2 years. It's $48 a year, or $24 every 6 months. Of course it is more for a business sized box...and there are quite a few sizes to choose from. Well, maybe you already knew all of that...but waiting in long lines has been driving me crazy lately. So, know that you are not alone.
:thumbsup:
noonytunes

#9 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:15 PM

That's quite a story, Grinler. I sure am sorry you went through it. I would expect more from a post office, personally. Curious to know where ya live. Your patience may have been worn thin but I gotta hand it to you for your humanity, dignity, and respect under the circumstances. Amazing! Depending on how many were in there at the time, I doubt I would have maintained much composure as you did. You're quite a guy! Kudos to you!
If nothing else, after you have spoken to an Inspector General or other high superior, I'd walk right back into the same post office as before and let them know your complaints were heard and you named names of those idiots who failed to serve you with customer service and respect. It'd be nice to see someone reprimanded at least.
Post back and let us know how it turns out.

~67~

P.S. Noonytunes is right. You're not alone. Whatever you do, don't have a gas leak! (Refer to my vent recently, lol)

#10 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:18 PM

We should have a ranting smilie for this site--- :thumbsup:

We do. :trumpet: :flowers:
Posted Image

#11 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:23 PM

I live in nyc :thumbsup: So there are always at least 10-20 people on line before you. I spent my entire day today running around to post offices in NYC adding my name to waiting list until i try other avenues brought up by EdBee

#12 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:27 PM

Grinler. That really is a bummer about the Post Office. It seems like you just can't win for trying. I just have to say.. please.. don't go postal on us. K :flowers: :thumbsup: :trumpet:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#13 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:23 AM

I live in a large apartment complex. I can receive in-coming mail. But was told that all out-going mail could not be picked up @ my personal mailbox. Something about the Postal Union. Anyway, I now have a Mail (person) a Lady who is very nice. I just leave a post-it on the outside of the main box, letting her know that I have out-going mail waiting to be picked up. But God forbid she is unable to make her rounds for whatever reason. Be it health, ( Poor thing broke her hip. And was out for some time.) Vacation etc. I am out of luck! The substitute's will not pick it up! :thumbsup: :flowers:
Posted Image

#14 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:33 AM

I can always tell when there's a substitute in my neighborhood. I get the neighbor's mail only or mine and theirs both. I have 7 pieces of mail to take to them tomorrow. FYI - I live just a couple of blocks from the PO here. Hope ya get a PO Box soon or find another avenue as you said, Grinler. With all the people in NYC, I guess it's easy to lose out on something like PO boxes. I wonder if perhaps a neighboring town could accomodate you, though. It might be a bit out of the way, but better than waiting til your name is called should time be something you don't have much of. Just a thought.
Good luck,
~67~

BTW Scarlett, I used to live in an apt complex and had those silver mail boxes you open with a key also. I was told by the mailman we had there that he didn't have the time to check through everyone's boxes to see if there was any outgoing mail. He made it clear he wasn't paid enough to do it - wasn't in a good mood. lol

#15 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:05 AM

BTW Scarlett, I used to live in an apt complex and had those silver mail boxes you open with a key also. I was told by the mailman we had there that he didn't have the time to check through everyone's boxes to see if there was any outgoing mail. He made it clear he wasn't paid enough to do it - wasn't in a good mood. lol

Wasn't getting paid enough. Excuse me! :trumpet: They are Government Employee's. Which means We as taxpayer's pay them! And a decent wage I might add. What Bull! I just do not get it. Mail is mail, in-coming or out-going. Those little mail box's are our official mail box's. Just as if we had one in front of a home. They are where our official U.S. Mail is delivered. Our out-going mail should have the same status. :thumbsup: I'm done now. Sorry guy's, this subject just get's me a little worked up. Can't you tell? :flowers:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users