Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows not Genuine?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Derek Ellis

Derek Ellis

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:46 AM

What could be causing my system to get a message after rebooting claiming that my copy of Windows 7 is not Genuine?
If i reboot again it goes away. This doesn't happen every time, but every once in a while.
Its more of a nuisance, rather than an actual system problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:19 AM

Hi,

Navigate to here: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/...75-cdd0e7c41a8b

It's the Windows validation tool from Microsoft and should fix any validation problems you may be having, or if your Windows is not genuine then will advise you on your next steps.

If everything comes back OK and you're still getting this message, then post a screen shot of it for us to look at.

Casey

Edited by Casey_boy, 19 August 2010 - 08:20 AM.

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#3 Derek Ellis

Derek Ellis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:02 AM

Well i downloaded it. Lets hope it fixes it.

#4 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

Let me know if it works :huh:

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users