Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hi from new member

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 springwater

springwater

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:02 AM

Hi everyone, I'm an amateur programmer of c++ and have a browser hijacker issue 8/17/2010, been trying for a week to march into my system and perform a coup de tat but I've decided that I could use some extra fire power. I am a beginner with HTML and a user of Blender 3d as well. I am a writer a musician and a certified Biomedical equipment repairer. I began computer programming with basic way back in the 80's, I quit studying it in high school due to a mix up and decided to take up dabbling in it some more as an adult. I have Mcafee and have used a few other programs but they haven't worked well enough, I got to thinking forget these programs, I'd like to remove it myself and be better prepared to spot these things in the future, Ive got a feeling this may be a step in the right direction, Thanks for the interest, I look forward to hearing about my issues from you Mavericks soon.

edited: a few hours later and I fixed it before I had to post, it was a start-up program called:

XEB Navigation Filter filter for intermediate format Navigation c:\program files\common files\fluxdvd\lib\xeb\xebnavigation.ax,

I tried to erase it but i got a message that the system cannot find it. I don't even know where or when I got this flux dvd program or if the two are related, I couldn't find much info on this hijacker on the web at all, so I decided to follow up on my post in case someone else has the same problem I did. i discovered it using the autoruns download, thanks so much!!! Auto runs is a must I cant live without it now.

Edited by springwater, 19 August 2010 - 06:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

Hello springwater and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Please take a few moments to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the forum works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There is a lot of very useful information there.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users