Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Master AV

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Redeoc

Redeoc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:26 AM

Hello all 1st post..have went thru all registry and file search and cannot get rid of the B..... Bought and trying to get got $$ back thru my AMX account because Spyware Doctor and Registry Quick both didn't do as advertised or remove the virus.. So now I sit with AV as my "main" virus program in Microsoft security center...computer starts and runs slow. Had Iolo anti-virus but is sucked and just ran out on sub so went back to Kaspersky tonight. Have not installed it becasue I think I still have junk from Iolo remaining. Thats what the free download told me. Sooooo any thoughts? Will try Kas tomorrow mucho late tonight. Running xp pro with service pk 2. Don't think I want 3.

Edited by Redeoc, 19 August 2010 - 01:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Redeoc

Redeoc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

Thought have a old dive just put Xp Pro on. Soooooooo thinking of making it the master put this bleep drive as a slave, install Kaspersky on the NEW "clean drive go get updates and then scan the slave and hopefully remove all the crap. ANY THOUGHTS?
One question should I run Ccleaner and and Powertools and remove all crap software I bought to remove the AV virus???
I also have Malwarebytes,RegisrtQuck,Revo. Revo seemed pretty good but the rescue disk I download I could never burn to a boot up disk. I have an old rescue disk but have no Idea what version of Kaspersky I made it in..Thanx

Running Kaspersky Virus Removal tool now but think its not doing much......

Edited by Redeoc, 22 August 2010 - 05:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users