Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suspected Worm, Loss Of Several Applications

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mlaw700

mlaw700

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:01 AM

Hello all, I'm looking for assistance for the following symptoms;

Loss of browser use, IE, Firefox show page not found immediately. Works fine in Safe mode.

Opening Norton's Security I get 'system integrator failure' message.

Loss of start up bar in normal mode.

Some backround... Running windows XP service pack 2. Recent new hard drive. Recent new cable internet connection. I use my comp primarily to play an MMORPG. I had these issues several weeks ago and used the recovery discs to restore my computer, reinstalled software and all seemed normal for a day or so then the same thing happened. I took my cpu to a service center and they reformatted, reinstalled and updated base software. Again all seemed normal. I was able to load games and run online patchers and even log in, but when I restarted the for the first time I experienced a long delay in starting, looked at desktop with no icons or toolbar for several minutes before they popped up. Then I got the Norton message and 'page not found' issue. I just shut it down and left for work so at the moment I still have a start up bar but that's how it started the other times.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:59 PM

Hello all, I'm looking for assistance for the following symptoms;

Loss of browser use, IE, Firefox show page not found immediately. Works fine in Safe mode.

Opening Norton's Security I get 'system integrator failure' message.

Loss of start up bar in normal mode.

Some backround... Running windows XP service pack 2. Recent new hard drive. Recent new cable internet connection. I use my comp primarily to play an MMORPG. I had these issues several weeks ago and used the recovery discs to restore my computer, reinstalled software and all seemed normal for a day or so then the same thing happened. I took my cpu to a service center and they reformatted, reinstalled and updated base software. Again all seemed normal. I was able to load games and run online patchers and even log in, but when I restarted the for the first time I experienced a long delay in starting, looked at desktop with no icons or toolbar for several minutes before they popped up. Then I got the Norton message and 'page not found' issue. I just shut it down and left for work so at the moment I still have a start up bar but that's how it started the other times.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try disabling Norton temporarily and see if the problem stops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users