Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How you can help less fortunate children....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jaspossum

Jaspossum

JasMonkey-That Funky Monkey!

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 08 October 2004 - 04:48 PM

Hello All,

With Christmas just around the corner I thought I would post this in case anyone is interested in participating. This will make the second year I have done this myself.

Each year Samaritans Purse/Operation Christmas Child shares God's love with millions of poor, sick, and suffering children by hand delivering shoe boxes filled with toys, school supplies, candy and other gifts. These Christmas presents not only bring great joy to precious boys and girls, they also open hearts to hear about God's greatest gift--- His Son, Jesus Christ. You can take part by filling a shoe box and praying for the child that receives it.

Instructions for filling a box.

1- Find an empty shoe box. You can wrap it, lid seperately, if you would like. Wrapping is not required.

2- Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or girl and the age group: 2-4, 5-9, 10-14. Print out the appropriate label (from the website listed below) and tape it to the top of your box and mark the correct age category.

Labels Here

3- Fill the box with a variety of gifts, such as: Toys- small cars, stuffed animals, balls, dolls, yo-yos, jump ropes, Slinky, etc. (please include extra batteries for toys that use them.) School supplies- pens, paper, pencils, pencil sharpener, crayons, markers, coloring books, etc.Hygiene items - tooth brush, bar soap (in a plastic bag), comb, wash cloth, etc. Other items- hard candy, suckers, mints, sunglasses, flaslights (with extra batteries), socks, T-shirts, watches, etc.

4- IMPORTANT Please include in an envelope $5 or more to help cover shipping costs. (checks payable to Samaritans Purse) Place the envelope in the box on top of the other items so it is clearly visible. Then place a rubber band around your box and lid.

5- Drop your box off at a collection center nearest you. For a list of locations visit the website below. National collection week is November 15th thru 22nd.

OR

you can mail your box to:

Samaritans Purse
Operation Christmas Child
801 Bamboo Road
PO box 3000
Boone, NC 28607

Do Not include the following items in your box

- used items

- war related items: toy guns, knives, etc.

- Chocolate or perishable food items

- Liquids: shampoo, liquid soap, lotion, bubbles, etc.

- Medicines: cough drops, vitamins, ointment, etc.

- Anything breakable.

For more info. go here:Samaritans Purse/Operation Christmas Child

You can also help by going here: Samaritans Purse/home

and clicking on "2004 Gift Catalog" and selecting another gift.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Jaspossum, 08 October 2004 - 10:00 PM.

JASPOSSUM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 09 October 2004 - 02:33 AM

Bringing this opportunity to our attention is IMO a nice gesture, Jaspossum. I think its always a good time to remember those who do not share in the good fortune many of us are certainly blessed with, both here in the USA and abroad. Christmas is, after all not far away (and it's messages shouldn't be either) :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 ~Ayeka~

~Ayeka~

Princess of Jurai

• Members
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 09 October 2004 - 03:45 AM

Thanks Jaspossum,
That's a really great idea, it's what the Christmas season is all about. I'll be letting everyone in my family know about this! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users