Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have done a system restore with the disks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EdithBunker

EdithBunker

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

We have an Acer Aspire computer we haven't been able to use for over a year. Short story: Waited til we had the money to replace motherboard, sent for system recovery disks from Acer, installed them. computer is back to factory settings, hasn't been online for over a year, is running fine, except we can't get online to get updates.

Searched Device Manager
Under Network Adapters:
Need Realtek driver, RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS6.0)

also under Other Devices, PCI Modem, it says
"The drivers for this device are not installed (code28)

I got on another computer, did a search for the realtek driver, there are lots of scanners that can be dl, I got one on a pen drive and installed it onto that computer, it says there are several out of date drivers (duh, it hasn't been online to GET updates for over a year!), then it told me to go to their website, where I presume they wanted to sell a service to update everything. I uninstalled it from the ACER 'puter. So I went right to realteks page, found the download page, found what MIGHT have been the driver, it had three choices of where to dl it from, none of the links works. Went to microsoft to see if I can find the driver there--that's a confusing mess!

So, is there any safe site I can go to, to get the driver so we can get online? (and get all the other updates we need?)

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:44 AM

You have an Acer system...the Acer website is the logical place I would look for the specific drivers for that system.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users