Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A new virus? Found by GMER? Have "tech info" from BLUE SCREEN

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 millstone7201

millstone7201

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

I have been watching the posts- I downloaded GMER & ran it- A few minutes later a blue screen came up & said it had to stop because it didn't want to totally ruin my 'puter. (something like that) It said if this was the first time I ran it to reboot & run again- I didn't run it again (yet?) B) my network connection is corrupted. I cannot stop RPC from running in services which I NEVER started & in "services" it will NOT let me do ANYTHING to change ANYTHING on RPC... :huh: So? When the BLUE MEAN SCREEN popped up :inlove: I DID get my hubby's puter out :thumbsup: B) & typed out the "technical number info" :trumpet:

The NAME of the MEANIE is awryypow.sys & I cannot find anything anywhere on this name. I found the file in "My Computer" C: drive- I dared NOT just delete it :flowers:

I have GOT to get CD/DVD pic orders made from a 30 year class reunion & do NOT want to infect anyone else!!! HELP!!!

There are TOO many weird things going on with 'puter- too numerous to even keep up with!
Here is the tech info! (Not sure if this matters or not but the first line had some "underscores" on it but I was in a hurry to type out what it said in fear of my puter signing off itself!! (Sorry!) Tech Info & #'s should be CORRECT!!

awryypow.sys base at
page default in nonpaged area
tech info
stop: oxoooooo50 (ox90DA500B, 0x00000000, oxB851AF60, oxoooooooo)
awryypow.sys - address B851AF60 base at B850F000, datestamp 4b274f8d
disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software, disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing

Hope this helps speed things up! OH YEAH! I am running Windows Vista Home Premium- windows will NOT update either! Acer Extensa 5620 laptop.

THANX!!
Bonnie (& Donnie) :huh:

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 millstone7201

millstone7201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

...sorry... I just HAD to play with the emoticons! Won't do it anymore THIS much! It WAS fun tho! I needed a break! :thumbsup:
Bonnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users