Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

60-day Trial Microsoft Office

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jdns9x

jdns9x

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:01 PM

How do you completely remove the 60-Day Trial Version of Microsoft Office that comes with new computers? When you install it and uninstall it, it still gives the options of "Install Microsoft Office Trial" and "Try Microsoft Office". Do you have to install the trial version, then activate it, and then uninstall it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:10 PM

have you tried to use add or remove programs? if you are just trying to remove it thats fime go to control panel -> add / remove programs find it and delete.

if you are trying to remove it so that you can get another free trail that is illegal and I am sure BC does not support that.

#3 jdns9x

jdns9x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:27 PM

Well, it's not installed when you buy a new computer. You have to install it first. Then you can add/remove programs. But under Start, All Programs, Microsoft Office, it still gives you the option of installing the 60-Day Trial again. I want to know how to completely remove that part. I know I can manually go into Program Files and delete the folder myself, but I'm not sure if that will completely remove the option of reinstalling the trial under the Start Menu. It might still be there and if I click on it, it might display something like "link or file not found".

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:08 PM

Here's my recipe for stubborn programs:

1) I remove what I can manually
2) I use Total Uninstall (shareware) to monitor the reinstallation of the program
3) I use Total Uninstall to remove it - and manually remove the stuff that can't be removed (because Total Uninstall will let you know it's location on the hard drive or the registry).

This has worked for me every time I tried it (3 or 4 times max).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:49 PM

try right clicking the option under star menu if there is delete do it. then remove the folder. that should work then.

#6 micaman

micaman

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:47 AM

If you originally installed your Microsoft Office program from a network file server or from a shared folder, you must install or remove components from that location. If you installed your Office program from a CD-ROM and you've mapped your CD-ROM drive to a new drive letter since installing the Office program, reinstall from the CD-ROM. If you're running any Office program files from the CD-ROM, you must uninstall the Office program and then reinstall it from the CD-ROM.

1. Quit all programs.

2. Double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon in the Windows Control Panel.

3. Do one of the following:

o If you installed your Office program as part of Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office in the Currently installed programs box, and then click the Change button.

o If you installed your Office program individually, click the name of your program in the Currently installed programs box, and then click the Change button.

4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

If you still need help, visit the Microsoft Office Newsgroup http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/...exp=&sloc=en-us that can direct you in the right direction. I put this in my response because I think you may need a "cd" to completely remove this product. You may need to get a free trial cd mailed to you and then use the uninstall for the program. As a Microsoft Partner and a beta tester of the Office products, I hate to hear that you are removing it! I am doing the technical beta test on the Office 12 or 2006 edition and I can tell you that you will want this baby when it comes out next year!

Edited by micaman, 19 November 2005 - 04:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users