Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A few quick questions.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VaudeVillianVeteran

VaudeVillianVeteran

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

I have a few questions for things I'm not sure enough on :thumbsup:

Can I use any type of RAM so long as it has the correct amount of pins (so all 240 pin RAM sticks work regardless of make and model)?

Are the only things I need to work together the mobo, graphics card and processor?

Thanks! :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

No, there is DDR2 with 240-pins and also DDR3 with 240-pins. They are keyed differently (notch in the middle of the pins) though so it won't be possible to insert DDR3 into a DIMM slot for DDR2.

Look at your motherboard for what type of memory it needs.

Well, the CPU, motherboard and memory need to be compatible. A PCI-Express graphics card will work on any motherboard with a PCI-Express X16 slot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users