Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

antimalware doctor rootkit??

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dbqsmurf

dbqsmurf

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

I am typing on a phone sorry if its short ill try to describe it all.
I got a call about this computer being slow and showed up and it had shortcuts to antimalware doctor but no exe... run avast boot scan avair from a live disc eset nod 32 mbam superantispyware spybot all clean. then I ran gmer (i think thats the name) rootkit nothing. explorer.exe is taking 35k and 15 mins then the login sound. It keeps locking up/fast again. in taskmgr I close explorer.exe runs fine but explorer.exe is still in taskmgr but search finds no other explorer.exe. safemode all is fine. all startup runs are off and services have been on and off and same slow / fast thing happens ran sfc/scannow replaced a few things but same thing.

nothing strange in the hklm/.../run or hkcu/...run. short of reinstalling xp not sure what else to do (pain in butt for this place). I removed enough viruses that usually i know what im doing. in live disc nothing seems out of place on C:

any help quickly would be great
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users