Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search engine redirects

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jasbir

Jasbir

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:32 AM

Hello

Since last week i am having this problem of clicking on search results and getting redirected to crappy adsites due to a possible malware or trojan on my system.

1. I scanned using spybot and found virumonde.prx and removed it. But after a couple of hours it came back

2. Did some safe mode scanning with spybot, spyware terminator, lavasoft ad-aware and avg system scan free edition.

3. Joined in your website and went through he basics as explained in your spyware section. The GMER tool is freezung up my system with 100% CPU usage. And cannot seem to save results from GMER

So any ideas what i need to do? I have the dds.scr log files in text document.

Jas

PS: Uploaded dds.txt and attach.txt from the dds.scr script log. Uploaded RKUnhooker report and MBRCheck Report and combofix log. also added the HJT log and malwarebytes antimalware log

Attached Files

Edited by Jasbir, 18 August 2010 - 02:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

Hi Jasbir,

welcome.gif to Bleeping Computer My name is SpySentinel and I will be helping you fix your malware problem.
Sorry for the delay, we have been very busy lately, and I apologize for your wait.

Please read carefully and follow these steps.
  • Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
  • Extract its contents to your desktop.
  • Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

• If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.

• If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

• It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.

• If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools

• Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

• As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

• Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact Me or another staff member.

This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users