Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mythxpak.exe infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Wildcat90

Wildcat90

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:51 AM

I'm running Vista Home Premium service pack 2 on my laptop computer. I have a recurring alert for the mythxpak.exe virus popping up with norton sercurity and I have no idea what it is doing to my computer. I followed norton's instructions, turned off system restore and deleted the torrent files that it said mythxpak was hiding at and did a rescan... nothing happened but it didn't show up for the rest of the day. i turned on my computer again and the alert came back up from norton that the file mythxpak.exe was a high risk virus and that security couldn't quarantine the virus, i had to take action. not too much information online and everyone said to post here on bleep so here i am. please help. i am currently dl malwarebytes anti-malware about to run a scan through again but then im not sure what else i can do??? ANY advice would be really appreciated and i hope the virus isn't spilling my info all over by now. thanks everyone!

Norton insight:
mythxpak.exe (trojan horse) removal fail for this virus. details unknown community usage, high risk
origin: has no info on origin now but when i first saw it appear it said from an AOE torrent saved on the desktop which is now uninstalled and deleted and removed from trash bin too.
activity: [contained in] c:\%recycle.bin]s-1-5-21-1541862459-1528780420-2752171513-1000\$rc4meli.zip INFECTED

Edited by Blade Zephon, 18 August 2010 - 02:32 AM.
Moved to AII as no logs provided and Prep Guide not followed. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users