Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Messages

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PCIlliterateGal

PCIlliterateGal

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:42 PM

Earlier I got a series of error messages.

First was the usual "This program has performed an illegal activity and will be shut down' message from Internet Explorer.

A few seconds later "Access violation at address (...). Read of address (...)". I'd never seen that one before.

Then one from Mmtask saying "This program has performed an illegal..." yada yada yada.

I copied the information from the IE message but my pc froze before I could paste it or any of the other info.

My computer is always producing some kind of error message, but never the last two, and never consecutively. I was going to search instead of starting another thread, but my computer keeps freezing before I can do any kind of useful activity. My computer freezes fairly often, but more so since the mentioned error messages.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IsMe

IsMe

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2005 - 09:18 PM

Start by running your anti-spyware and anti-virus programs. Clean out any cookies, and empty the Temp and Temporary Internet files folders.

#3 PCIlliterateGal

PCIlliterateGal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:38 PM

I ran Spybot and Ad-aware that night...no Critical objects were found, as usual. I never delete the Neligible objects...are those the Temporary Internet files?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users