Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winxp Pro Start Up Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coldheartt

coldheartt

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:27 PM

[font=Century Gothic][size=6]
OK, here goes...I have a 2 yr old custom build system with winxp pro, every so often when booting up the system itstops the load and asks for the dfault or set up...when I go into set up the date and time are always defaulted to the date I bought the system...re setting the correct date and time and the rest of the manual settings lasts until the next boot up or for the next month :thumbsup: . This always happened and always at random times. I replaced the system batteries and it still happens...any ideas?
Coldheartt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IsMe

IsMe

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:38 PM

The bios battery on the m/b needs to be changed.

#3 coldheartt

coldheartt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:07 AM

The bios battery on the m/b needs to be changed.

Thanks, but as I said, I already had the battery changed and the problem still remains.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:23 AM

You may have a defective new battery. Check the J7 jumper on the motherboard and make sure the jumper bridge is in place. Without it your computer BIOS setting will reset everytime you turn the computer off.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users