When searching for something via search engine, redirected to VideoCop in browser.
- this seems to happen mostly when searching in IE with Google as the search engine
- this is starting to happen now in Firefox
When trying to navigate to a site that we know is legitimate, sometimes message of "Page Not Found" appears.
- this happens in both Firefox and IE
CPU is being eaten up all the time, but especially upon start up.
- SVCHOST.EXE is usually the culprit; this did not happen before 'the download'
- firefox.exe and iexplorer.exe processes are running when no windows have been opened
- have noticed multiple iexplorer.exe processes running when no windows have been opened
Random music starts playing; we do not own or listen to this type of music. In addition to music, sounds like movie quotes/scenes are playing also.
- noticed a firefox.exe process running when this happened; know web browsers were open on the desktop
I have a work laptop that I log onto sometimes from home; only when operating my laptop from home I experience the browser issues. Laptop experiences no CPU issues or random music issues away from home.
- both laptop and PC connect to internet via wireless router
This is the first issue security issue we've faced, so i don't have any logs to send right now. Please help me reclaim our machine!
Edited by Pandy, 17 August 2010 - 10:24 PM.
Moved from Malware removal as no logs are included and Prep guide not followed ~Pandy