Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:30 PM
I heard you're very good at solving problems, that's why I'm posting my question here.
It's 'bout the following. About one week ago I bought a brand new computer:
- AMD II X4 Phenom 955
- ASUS EAH5850 TOP
- 4GB RAM
- Corsair TX750W
- Sapphire Pure CFX (for future GPU upgrades)
It didn't came with Windows 7 so I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64b myself. Unfortunately, that didn't go very well. The only way I got through the installation was like this:
- Unplug all usb devices (keyboard, mouse, wireless adapter)
- Insert Windows installation disk
- Go past the "Starting Windows" screen
- Plug in all usb devices again
- Continue with the installation
That's how I installed Windows. Well, the problem what I'm experiencing after the installation is almost the same problem as the one at the installation: I can't boot with usb-devies plugged in.
Let me explain:
- Turn on power
- Motherboard screen
- "Starting Windows"
---- This is where the boot stops when I've got my usb-devices plugged in. ----
- "Starting Windows" + Fading Windows logo
- User login
You get the point, right? I've really thought about this problem but nothing seems to help.
I hope you guys have the solution for me...