Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD after following "automated removal instructions for security suite using malwarebytes anti-malware guide

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tange1

tange1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

hello, a friend has droped off a broken windows xp computer with me for repair. The followed http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...-security-suite this guide section 'automated removal section and now the PC bluescreen's on both normal and safemode. Looking for guidance as to what they might have broken. Thoughts? The BSOD is a stop c000021a - windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc00000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000).

Edited by tange1, 17 August 2010 - 05:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

The majority of references I see for this...are for Win 2K. XP users who have this error...don't really seem to get a resolution of any sort that I can see.

From looking at the Win 2K references, I'd say that the registry is jumbled. A repair install effort would be worth a try...but I suspect that a clean install will be the ultimate resolution.

Some Google Links.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users