Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This old motherboard price

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 F4R7TZ

F4R7TZ

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

Now, Iím moving to university in just over a month and now have a laptop, so my PC is useless and I will no longer need it. However, certain parts of it were quite expensive at the time and was wondering whether they'd be sellable today and if so what approximate price.

The ram is an easy one as I can compare that but the motherboard I can't seem to find a price on. Itís probable itís too old for it to be sellable as it was 3 years ago, but the motherboard is Asus Blitz Extreme, which is a powerful motherboard nonetheless, and had great reviews at the time with many functions.
Unfortunately I can't find a single one for sale which isn't good news as I can't compare prices + it means thereís no interest :| but no surprise after 3 years. I wonít be selling the entire computer just the parts that people may actually buy.

If someone can is good at pricing I may give it a shot on eBay or something better to try than to leave it rotting away I guess :thumbsup:

MB's stats:
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=Dm8Yc4xh6hK1zSUo

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

P35/ICH9R chipset - old LGA775 technology. PCI Express 1.0. A pair of X16 PCIe slots that are wired X8 each. 3 years old.

I'd say $35 USD (not including shipping) is a good deal for that. Mainly because it's used, uses old technology and there are modern (ie brand new) cheaply priced alternatives with the same features if not better.

Edited by JonM33, 17 August 2010 - 06:26 PM.

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

I concur, somewhere in the area of 35-45 US dollars should be more then fair. However, if you put it on ebay let it auction-Ive seen such boards go for much higher.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

Not sure what CPU you had but if it's a Core 2 Quad it could still fetch a LOT of money. I got my Core 2 Quad Q9450 back in February of this year for $145 on Ebay. That's probably the cheapest I've seen them go for and I managed to snipe it at the last second.

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:01 PM

ooooh your one of those annoying snipers that I wish I could take aim at. . . .lol jk. It is so annoying, bidding on something on ebay, on something you really want only to be outbid at the last second-my problem is i get to competitive and end up in sniping compitions and spend more then if I had bought it new-one reason I now avoid ebay so much lol.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#6 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

I learned from my father actually. I rarely bid on Ebay. Most of the time I use "Buy It Now" so I don't have to wait. But in the case of the Q9450 the cheapest method was to bid. So I took advice from my father and waited 5 seconds before it ended and put in the higher bid. Good deal for me. Those processors usually sell for MUCH higher than that.

But if the OP is going to get rid of his LGA775 motherboard he may as well sell the CPU too as Intel processors seem to keep a lot of value.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users