Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my computer feel very sluggish and sometime right click won't work

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mike211

mike211

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:53 AM

hi, i don't know if this is a malware problem since i only it given the all clear about 3 weeks ago, any ways my computer just started feel very sluggish, web page load slow, unzip takes a long time and sometime right click won't work or takes a long time to appear, and when that happen i can't access task manager, then ithe comp freezes it self, but i can still atl + tab and minimize the pages or folder that already open, buy can't access anything else.

i have run Malwarebytes and Spybot, both came clean, i have chkdsk /r and defrag and it still feel sluggish, oh did i mention that it only happen something and not alway, it like another program is running on the backgrounds taking all the resource, yet at the startup list show nothing out of the ordinary, i just can figure this out... i need help, i need your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

System manufacturer and model?

How large is C: and how much free space on C:?

How much RAM installed?

Did you do a clean install after your malware episode?

Did you do a repair install?

Louis

#3 mike211

mike211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

hi louis,

my computer is a custom build, c drive is 1 tb with 420 gb of free space, i got 4 ddr2 800 ram. no i didn't clean install or repair install, i ran combofix to remove the rootkit as requested from a expert, the sluggish happen after around the time when i upgrade perfect disk from 10 to 11, and install window updates, i did however install a new power supply and a extra 1.5 tb hdd.

i have disable perfect disk schedule and background defrag, it seem fine now. is there anything i can run to see how my comp perform? or a scan to see that nothing is running on the background? in any case i wait and see if it happen again.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

Hmmm...you can look at Task Manager anytime...to get an idea of what's running. If unfamiliar with what is reflected...between Process Explorer and Google, you can determine if anything undue is reflected.

<<i ran combofix to remove the rootkit as requested from a expert...>>

Was that suggestion from a member of the BC Malware Team? No need to respond to that, from looking at your topic summary...it doesn't appear so.

IMO, that means that your current system issues may be from either malware or from using ComboFix.

In that light, I am going to move you to the Am I Infected forum for further suggestions/attempts at resolution.

Louis

#5 mike211

mike211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

thank, it a suggestion a expert from another malware forum, i was referred to this forum because he told me that bleepingcomputer.com has a great window xp problem section which i had and solved.

#6 rHabdomantist

rHabdomantist

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

Check wuauclt.exe and svchost.exe in Task Manager preferably just after startup. A recent issue with Microsoft Updates has been causing
performance issues such as you have described. It is currently being discussed at the following,

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums...05-33dcf9a9a03b

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums...58-8b063fbda084

Simple fix/workaround to date is to turn off Microsoft Updates by going to the site and disabling thru "Change Settings" left side menu.

#7 mike211

mike211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

hmmm i see, my computer seem find now, and wuauclt.exe ain't running but i do have 9 svchost.exe running on task manager, don't know if i should still disable Microsoft Updates, since disabling it was the reason why i got a rootkit malware infestion because i didn't update it at all.

*edit*

it seem to me it flashget ver 1.9.6 is causing the problem, when i have a list of things to download it sometime change the url to something else then when i close it, everything become sluggish and then right click won't work, can't access task manager, then the comp freezes it self.

i have uninstalled, now i see if it happen again.

Edited by mike211, 18 August 2010 - 09:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users