Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow website login (not browser related)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Luser

Luser

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

I currently have an college that have a pretty uniqe problem.
Every time he tries to logon to a website (ex. yahoo mail, Google mail etc) the authentication takes about 1-2mins, i tried it on IE8 and Firefox (Both of the latest release fully updated) and i have the same problem.

Im pretty sure the problem aint browser related but windows xp related.

Info:
OS = Windows XP pro SP3 (All updated)
IE8
Firefox 3.6.8
Anti virus = SEP 11.0.6

Anyone got a clue what this can be?
Dont want to have problems with your computer?
Solution : install a good free anti virus, anti spyware & and stay away from misleading applications. Update your OS and vital programs as often as you can, to shut down those open security holes.
Stay away from shareware and trailware applications, avoid installing browser addins and toolbars. Read up on things before trying new applications.

Learn more about : Viruses, malmware & trojans | Need a bootdisk? | Want to know what that EventID mean? | Cybercrimes what is that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shadow Bird

Shadow Bird

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

So your friend (I say this because I'm not sure who you were talking about in your post) tries to log in through a college network?

#3 Luser

Luser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

So your friend (I say this because I'm not sure who you were talking about in your post) tries to log in through a college network?

Oh man my spelling just ruined the post :D should be colleague not college.

Anyhow iw solved the problem.
Dont want to have problems with your computer?
Solution : install a good free anti virus, anti spyware & and stay away from misleading applications. Update your OS and vital programs as often as you can, to shut down those open security holes.
Stay away from shareware and trailware applications, avoid installing browser addins and toolbars. Read up on things before trying new applications.

Learn more about : Viruses, malmware & trojans | Need a bootdisk? | Want to know what that EventID mean? | Cybercrimes what is that?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

Specific website problems...often have to do with damaged cookies.

You can try deleting the current ones and then revisiting the websites for new ones.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users