Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Pc Wont Start Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 leasinliverpool

leasinliverpool

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:47 PM

HI all

New users to this site here! Please can anyone offer me some advice? I have a new PC that will not start up for the first few days it was a bit troublesome to say the least, but i have been able to correct it with norton go back software that was until today, windows will not start up properly, it will only start in safe mode which will not allow me to open up nortons go back and will not perform a system restore properly it just keeps rebooting and rebooting, any advice or am i gonna have to take this poor excuse of a machine back?

Thanks in advance for any replies all welcome

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IsMe

IsMe

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:46 PM

That rebooting symptom is one of the ones caused by a virus - I forget the exact name of it. Did you scan your system for a virus in Safe mode?

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:41 PM

If it is really NEW (a few days old), take it back to the store you bought it from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users