Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown window pop up.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Linksman

Linksman

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:50 AM

Hi all

I have had a big problem with Trojans etc which Fireman has kindly helped me with and my laptop is now working virus free except for one thing. Fireman recommended I put a new topic here as he wasn't sure what it was.

On booting up, once the desktop is open and everything is loading up, I get a window flash up and disappear before anything actually is readable and then have a small window that says "application launcher - unable to load configuration" any idea what they could be or how to find out how what it is?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Brian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

Just a guess...it's a startup item remaining from your malware that is now removed. Since it cannot run and the pointer remains...this message is generated.

To get rid of it, I would download/install Autoruns...then go to the Logon tab and take a screenshot and post it.

AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

How to take and share a screen shot in Windows - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-take-and-share-a-screen-shot-in-windows/

Louis

#3 Linksman

Linksman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:54 AM

Hi Louis

Thanks for your reply and sorry it's taken a few days to get back....work gets in the way!

I have ran Autorun and enclose the Logon Tab and uploaded it as an attachment, what do you think?

Brian

Attached Files

Edited by Linksman, 21 August 2010 - 02:01 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

That Sony Ericson item...seems to be what we are looking for.

What does it relate to?

Louis

#5 Linksman

Linksman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:08 AM

It's an interface program to integrate my mobile phone to the laptop, to download pictures etc. I will explore it and turn the startup off and se what happens.

Thanks Louis

Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users