Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with lag

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 haig11

haig11

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:57 PM

Im Haveing some issues with my internet when playing on xbox live first off it happens every game im in and its not the host its me my internet is high speed an my routers just across in the next room from my bed room so its not like am out of range of my wifi my computers are not downloading nothing and i just do not see nothing that will make it lag and the thing is its not straight on laggy it only lags bits and pieces here an there can someone help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 APForever

APForever

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

What wireless connection do you have b, g, n?

Each one runs on a frequency, b & g run on 2.4, while n can run on 2.4 and 5.0 ghz.

If there are any other devices that run on the same frequency, it can cause interference. Cordless phones, microwaves, even bluetooth devices. Home security systems can also have an adverse affect, hopefully this helps.

Also you can check the cables connecting the router and modem to the internet, make sure they're is a clear path, no pinching of the cable, etc.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:55 AM

Haig11,

This advice won't help solve your problem, but may prove to make people more inclined to read your posts. Please use capital letters when appropriate, such as the first letter in a new sentence. And use proper punctuation when ending a sentence.

We have members from all over the world who use English as a second language, without proper sentence structure it is very difficult for them to read the posts. Some of these members use software to translate the posts, and this sentence structure can make it difficult for it to perform correctly.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 haig11

haig11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

dc3 Theres nothing wrong with this even windows narrator can read that fine

#5 haig11

haig11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

to make this short my problem is im lagging when i play on xbox live my internet signal 100% and high speed theres something wrong because this just started happening out of the blue

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

Obviously you have missed the point, so I will go so far as to point out that this is a matter of our forum rules.

Quote: When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked.

To continue any further will be splitting hairs, but the fact is that without proper punctuation your post becomes one continuous run on sentence and is improper grammar and time consuming to read.

Thank you for your indulgence.

dc3, staff member

Edited by dc3, 17 August 2010 - 04:59 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

To add to what dc3 stated, without proper sentence structure, grammer, and punctuation, it's very difficult to figure out what the exact issue is. Run-ons have to be deciphered and picked apart, and a lot of people who may know the answers will not respond because they don't want to take the time to figure it out. Help us help YOU by clearly stating the problem in proper form.

#8 haig11

haig11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

fix it i ran ipconfig/release i had a ip conflict

#9 ilikesoldat

ilikesoldat

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:15 PM

Is your wifi secured with a password? Somebody could be connecting to your computer through the wifi and lagging you by turning on webpages or maybe downloading something. That's exactly what happens, if somebody downloads something while connected to your wifi or internet directly, either way it causes ping spikes, sometimes so bad it disconnects you from a game because of such instability.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:16 PM

Good to hear you solved your problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users