Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing icons under network connections

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bharathwaj vijay

bharathwaj vijay

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:15 PM

Hello Everybody

I have a Toshiba Laptop with Windows XP sp2, 3gb ram, 1.8 ghz

I tried installing a usb modem after that I couldn't find any networks under network connection. I tried all the possible solutions posted in the internet but nothing worked out. Please help me what to do next.

I did the following:

Registered three dll files as posted in many forums
Ran winsockxpfix.exe
Tried system restore
tried all the steps in microsoft troubleshooting

the last option is to uninstall the network adapters and let the windows identify the drivers when starting. When I tried doing this I couldn't uninstall the adpaters. I know there are some entries in the registry. Please help me what to do

Thanks
Bharath

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users