Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't send mail-windows mail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 islandheidi

islandheidi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

Starting this morning (maybe yesterday) I can receive mail but can't send. I've seen a lot of complaints all over the Internet about this problem but haven't found a fix. Any help is appreciated. Error message below. The cox website offers no help that I can find.

Subject 'dress', Account: 'pop.west.cox.net', Server: 'smtp.west.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '552 5.2.0 vCz91e0050NQdvL04Cz9ge This message was undeliverable. This message has been found to be a potential spam message, and has therefore been blocked. Please visit http://coxagainstspam.cox.net for more information.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 552, Error Number: 0x800CCC6D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:55 PM

What are you using as your e-mail client? Have you recently changed any of the settings, like the spam filters?

One thing that you want to do it to call your ISP and see if they can shed some light on this since that message was generated by them.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users