Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application Error-it's Crippling My System!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 deven

deven

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:37 PM

Hi!
I'm having this issue that's devestating my computer use. I just suddenly began recieving these error messages in windows that read "intrasend.eye - Application Error" and within the dialogue box reads "The instruction at '0x7c80d189' referenced memory at 'oxd4704430'. The memory could not be 'read'. Click on OK to terminate the program"

This box comes up whether not not I'm connected to the internet, even if I'm doing nothing at all other than looking at my wallpaper. I must come up at least once a minute, and I have no idea how to fix it. I tried to post about this at the Mircosoft website but those people have been no help, I'm praying someone here can give me some ideas. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration, they are greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,
Deven

PS-while typing this the error message came up 7 times, argggggh!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:59 PM

open up a command prompt and run sfc /scannow

Let us know if that helped.

When did this problem start? Did you install anything or update anything directly before?

Have you installed SP2 and if so when did you install it?

#3 deven

deven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:40 PM

First off, thanks so much for the advice, I know it's aweful difficult to get a feel for the problem when you're not right in front of it, and I'm not the most technologically savy person around so anyone who suffers my woeful descriptions deserves a Congressional medal of some sort.

As for the problem, I ran sfc/scannow, it prompted me to put in my XP disk to ensure that all files and such were as they should be, it completed, and said nothing about deficiencies or anything to the effect. The problem remains at present. As for SP2, I installed it right after it's release and have never actually had a problem with it that I know of. This problem itself is one that snowballed in a sense, at first the message came up once every hour or so, but it's only increased and now it's as frequent as once per minute. Since the advent of this problem I've downloaded various antispyware programs as a means of remediation, but to no avail.

Again, any ideas that might help are greatly appreciated, especially since I, like most college students, live on my computer. Thanks again everyone, your helps means a great deal :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,
Deven

open up a command prompt and run sfc /scannow

Let us know if that helped.

When did this problem start? Did you install anything or update anything directly before?

Have you installed SP2 and if so when did you install it?

#4 Mr Fixit

Mr Fixit

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:55 PM

I would like to know something real qwik, do you happen to be out of memory or is your hardrive almost full?

The only thing I read on it was 1 dude who said he had this problem and solved it by using an Fdisk proggie, its free but I dont wanna step on toes here, so Ill wait and see what happens first!

Edited by Mr Fixit, 31 October 2005 - 07:21 PM.

#5 deven

deven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:59 PM

Well, my hardrive has 1.25 GB free of a total 20GB available (which is, i believe, 18.6 actual or whatever). Hopefully this helps you help me, which would be fantastic. Thanks!

Best Wishes,
Deven

I would like to know something real qwik, do you happen to be out of memory or is your hardrive almost full?

#6 deven

deven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:04 PM

anybody? anything? thanks :thumbsup:

Well, my hardrive has 1.25 GB free of a total 20GB available (which is, i believe, 18.6 actual or whatever). Hopefully this helps you help me, which would be fantastic. Thanks!

Best Wishes,
Deven

#7 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:28 PM

1.25 GB free may not be enough free space.

Try cleaning your temp files (Windows, not IE) to free up some space.

#8 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:25 AM

Here's an app to help you clean up -
CCleaner
Do NOT use the 'Applications' or 'Issues' tabs, they are for expert users only.

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#9 deven

deven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:08 PM

thanks a bunch, it seems to have cleared up the problem, yay!!! you guys are all great, once again, every comment and suggestion was very much appreciated :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,
Deven

Here's an app to help you clean up -
CCleaner
Do NOT use the 'Applications' or 'Issues' tabs, they are for expert users only.

hth :flowers:

#10 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:50 PM

That may be a somewhat temporary fix.
Try removing some programs (non-windows) you don't use and reclaim some space on the drive.

Think about adding a second hard drive. They have gotten pretty cheap (for desktops) and you could move some data to it to clear some space for your op system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users