Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Reader, change from version 8 to version 9

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

Another PDF reader upgrade question - I'm not sure how to change from version 8 to version 9 of Adobe Reader. Can I simply use a link through the version 8 program and accept what it shows me and that be enough? Or do I need to deal with some "Adobe Updater" decision screen first? I have seen this come up from time to time but I not know what to do with it or what it means or exactly what it does. I only hope to make the change from Adobe Reader Version 8 to Version 9 and not worry about other unrelated things.

If that Adobe Updater is safe and uncomplicated, then exactly which choices do I make? Why must I deal with an "updater" instead of directly dealing with or through Adobe Reader? Can I simply download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader 9, install it, and the whole process create or leave no mess afterwards? Could I then uninstall Version 8?

Note: Not really interested in an alternative PDF program for this one; stay with Adobe is preferable (until/unless I get more experience with some of the alternatives using the old machine).

System for this Adobe Reader Version 8 to 9 change: Windows Vista Home Premium, 3GB RAM, 200GB Hard Disk, 130GB Free Space.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:45 PM

Yes, you are now prompted to download the Adobe Download Manager first.

The Download Manager automatically downloads the latest version of the Adobe product (Reader) and starts the installation for you.

Alternatively, you could open Adobe Reader on your computer, click on the Help Menu and choose 'Check for updates'. This will check for program updates and allow you to download and install the latest version.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users