Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No internet connection windows vista

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cmaze

cmaze

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:56 PM

My Mom's computer is a Asus BTO S1-P5G35 Series. running Windows Vista Home Premium Pentum Dual CPU E2200 at 2.2 GHz. It suddenly has not internet connectivity. The modem works because I am connected to it with the same ethernet cable that will not work with my Moms computer on this laptop. Under Network Adapters it shows a Microsoft 6to4 adapter not working because windows cannot download drivers required for the device (Code 31). I cannot find any drivers in my searches on the internet to download, if this is indeed the problem. Any insight you can give on solving this problem would be helpful. Thanks. A relative did try to restore the system to a few days ago when the internet was working. I had uninstalled the Microsoft 6to4 adapter hoping it would reinstall upon reboot and it did not. the error reappeared when the system was restored to a prior date.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

Is the problem you are having related to the on-board NIC?

If so you should go to the Asus web site for drivers. However under normal condictions the on-board network adapter should work with native windows drivers.

You may want to check your settings in your BIOS set up utility, just for the fun of it, try loading system defaults in your BIOS and see if the problem goes away.

If this is not the case, then you should download the drivers from Asus and point your network adaptor to the installation file, by going to Device Manager, choosing the network adaptor and clicking update driver and point it to your installation file for your adaptor.

You could also try rolling that driver back in Device Manager as well, to see if rolling it back returns things back to normal again.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users