Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser redirection issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 aaj123

aaj123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

I run Windows XP professional on my machine. Off late my machine has been plagued with the browser redirection issue wherein I automatically get redirected to random websites when clicking on search engine results (especially Google search results). I have updated Mcafee antivirus running on my machine but it does not detect any issue. I have also run 'Trojan Remover' by Simply super Software. It did initially detect a few infections but after cleaning up all those, the browser redirect issue persists. I should also mention that the redirect issue affects both IE and Firefox. Yesterday I installed Google Chrome and sadly the browser redirect issue seems to be prevalent even when I use this browser. I have already tried the common checks suggested on this website such as checking for proxy servers, DNS entries, host file but they all seem fine and yet this browser redirection is driving me nuts. Could you please suggest a way out? I read about ComboFix but haven't used it as it was mentioned that it should not be used without supervision by an experienced user.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users