Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A quick look at a log?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 just1chancefree

just1chancefree

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

My comp has been acting up lately and I can't really figure out what all is up. The most obvious symptom is that it would randomly play audio ads (commercials) when there are no programs open. Using process explorer I have been able to identify a few things that I don't know what are (svc2, scv3, 19aqp.exe?) but am unsure of how to remove. I recently ran malwarebites anti-malware in safe mode and here is the most recent hijackthis log file, would someone who knows more than me be willing to take a quick look over it and help me diagnose? Thanks!

EDIT: Removed HJT log, not allowed in Win 7 forum ~ Hamluis.

Sorry, looks like I put this in the wrong place. Feel free to delete Mods.

Edited by just1chancefree, 16 August 2010 - 05:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

I have removed your HJT log.

If you want to post a malware log, this is not the forum for such. Here at BC, malware issues are treated in forums which are distinctly separate from the other forums, since the issues, possibilities for unintended bad suggestions, etc...are different from the other forums.

LOL...if you had any idea how many malware logs we review each day, you would not have indicated that you want a "quick look" at your log. We do not have volunteers standing in line, waiting to review malware logs. We currently have a backlog of about 7 days in terms of logs being reviewed by a capable person, I don't know if that qualifies as your "quick look" but I doubt it. Our personnel do the best they can, but it seems that members are rushing out to get malware because it's on sale or free...I don't know the reason, I only know that we have many more cases than most posters seem to think.

One of the primary requirements for any forum...is to try to provide sufficient information so that unknowing readers...can get a clue.

If you believe that you have malware issues which you would like to explain a bit more about, I will be more than glad to return your log to your post...delete this post...and then move your log into the proper malware forum in queue.

OTOH, if you just have general system issues that various members may be able to provide some insight...let me know and I will leave your thread exactly where it is, in the Win 7 forum. Leaving it here will obtain much faster input and more suggestions than you could otherwise obtain...but it won't obtain you answers to questions revolving around malware issues.

Louis

#3 just1chancefree

just1chancefree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

Heh Louis, looks like I edited while you were responding. Thanks for the info! I apologize for not researching the service that bleeping computer provides before jumping on board, I found a helpful post and created one that was similar without looking deeper into things first--my bad! I'm somewhat computer savvy and don't really need a fix from you all; just a diagnosis--a name of what I've caught--so I can fix myself; ya know something to google. I was hoping that a non-professional might could provide that info which is why I didn't go straight to the help forums. Anywho, thanks for helping me understand!

Before reading your post I did go ahead and repost over in the removal logs section. I'd be happy to delete that one or this one, whatever works best for you all.

Ever heard of any malware that plays audio ads without appearing to be any running program? Thanks for your time!

-Paul

#4 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

Ever heard of any malware that plays audio ads without appearing to be any running program?

Yes, I have and it's most definitely malware! Stay in the malware forums to get the proper help.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:48 PM

As Jacee said...there is malware with those connections you mentioned. I see your log is posted at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340440/caught-something-a-quick-look-at-log-for-me/.

Now that you have posted a log in the appropriate forum, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

To avoid possible confusion, I will close this thread. Good luck with your thread in MRL :huh:.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 16 August 2010 - 06:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users