Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replacement of an acer aspire keyboard how to?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lurlin

lurlin

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:59 PM

Ineed to replce the keyboard on an acer aspire 7736z!!! Don't know how to unlock the screen to lay it flat !! Could someone please explain step by step ? Ihave searched the internet and can't seem to find anything on the aspire 7736z.
Any help would be appreciated!!! Thank you for listening Lurlin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hopefully this link will aid you in your repair. :thumbsup:

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/category/1-acer-laptops/

Please scroll down this page because there are various acer related information on this whole web page.

If not please post back and I'll try to link you to other possibilities.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 16 August 2010 - 04:12 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 lurlin

lurlin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:35 PM

MrBruce thanks already been there does not explain how to release monitor to lay it flat though.

#4 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

you could search for documented video on youtube...
sorry I can't help you for direct link...I blocked youtube in here :thumbsup:

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#5 lurlin

lurlin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

abauw english is good have tried youtube also they also dont explain how to release the monitor to lay it flat

#6 CohenTheBarbarian

CohenTheBarbarian

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:22 PM

Unfortunately acer.com doesn't have a service guide for your laptop, just a "quick start" guide.

My question is - why do you think you need to "unlock" the monitor? Is there a guide somewhere you're following? The keyboard replacement should be a fairly straightforward repair, unless it's some sort of oddball driver - generally the monitor would go back far enough on it's own to allow for easy keyboard replacement.

Maybe you can take a high res picture of the thing, of both the top and bottom of the base, and I can try and help you work though it? Usually there are little indents that indicate where the screwdriver is supposed to go in - if not, there may be screws on the bottom holding things in.

#7 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:58 AM

abauw english is good have tried youtube also they also dont explain how to release the monitor to lay it flat

what is your question???
if keyboard...dont need to release LCD...if your keyboard doesnt fit...that mean you have wrong buy keyboard type...

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#8 lurlin

lurlin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

I have found other videos that show other acer replacements of keyboard and they say to lay the screen flat (open) there maybe a scew in the battery compartment. Need to check that out!

#9 lurlin

lurlin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

abauw am sorry you mis understood me!!! I am trying to figure out how to get the old keyboard out yet

#10 SeanyCozzie24v

SeanyCozzie24v

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

at the top of the keyboard there should be three little tabs just behind the buttons. one by the f2 key. one by the f8 key and one by the pause break key. have a look closely and you will see them. get a little flathead screwdriver and push all three tabs. you may need 2 screwdrivers. i have a aspire one zg5 and they may be the same. have a look and see anyway

Edited by SeanyCozzie24v, 19 August 2010 - 09:15 PM.

#11 lurlin

lurlin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:12 PM

Thank you Seany will do that!

#12 floatingweed

floatingweed

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:13 PM

I found that the information on askageek.com was incorrect (for my 7736Z-4088). Otherwise I couldn't find any instructions on how to replace the keyboard for the 7736Z model.

I got an OEM keyboard ($18 free shipping) from an eBay dealer. The keyboard was slightly bowed from mail handling but it is flexible metal and straightened out okay (works fine but is still very slightly slightly bowed).

On some laptops you need to snap off the bezel, and I started to do this on the 7736z (according to the askageek.com instructions) but it was difficult - and a couple of the plastic fasteners attaching the bezel to the metal underneath broke. Fortunately there were several slots with unbroken fasteners so I could snap the bezel back in okay even with the two broken fasteners.

Although the bezel was loose when I finally popped the keyboard out I don't think it is necessary - it seems like all you need to do is the basic method described above - prying the tabs as shown on YouTube videos for an Aspire 1 (see below)

After getting the keyboard out I inadvertently pulled the cable out without opening the connector. Better to flip up the top of the connector to open it, which is what you'll have to do to put the new cable in.

When finished connecting the cable, slide the bottom part of the keyboard (the side near you) into the clamps first, then pry the keyboard down at each tab until the tab snaps over keyboard. I powered up and all the keys seemed to be working correctly. Be careful - it's like car mechanics: one misstep can result in a permanent, expensive, and or time-consuming bummer.

or

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users