Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Probs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 masono

masono

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:47 AM

Hi there,

I recently removed AVG antivirus from my computer as it would not update and i thought i might have picked up some bug but for some reason my comp. will not now accept the avg antivirus (freeware) ,when i try to install it it runs so far then stops. Also no matter how hard i try and how many times i remove the keys from the registry Grisoft entry returns. I also had major probs with Spybot refusing to load etc. now have managed to get it running it ok. Any ideas ? :thumbsup: :flowers:

i have inadvertently messed up the driver settings (methinks) and i dont know what i should do about this, i bought my comp off a guy secondhand but i have no manual or discs. I am running xppro sp2. would appreciate any help.

(Moderator edit: moved post to more appropriate forum and rephrased title. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 31 October 2005 - 11:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:24 PM

You have to completely remove AVG, reboot and then reinstall it.

AVG was and still may be having problems downloading updates from its main download site. The cure for that is to use the scroll down and download from one of the other download sites listed.

Edited by Enthusiast, 31 October 2005 - 02:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users