The problems are:
1. Very slow computer, hard drive is constantly reading and writing. What its doing, I dont know. Watching the processes in task manager have not clarified that much. The computer runs incredibly slow!
2. My Ad Aware active protection keeps blocking my computers attempts to connect to a couple malicious websites. I looked up the few urls and they are malicious and not normal web sites. The program shown as trying to connect was originally a hidden program I found and deleted with sophos anti-rootkit. Now the programs showing as trying to connect are usually svchost or iexplore.
3. I get pop ups for zinga, shopping websites and search engines I did not ask for. I think is called the google redirect issue, when I am using Internet explorer 8.
4. The hosts file was checked and only has localhost in it and the listings added by spybot search and destroy. That file keeps adding www.007guard.com and the large spybot list, even though I deleted Spybot via uninstall.
5. I delete all hidden files found by sophos antirootkit many times, only to restart and find four new hidden temporary internet files made again. An Sophos error message in the scan report says that I do not have access to my full registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and also finds a hidden entry labeled HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SAM that cannot be removed.
5. Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, AVAST, ESET Online Scan, Ad-AWARE, Spybot Search and Destroy and a host of other online scanners and downloaded anti virus, rootkit, and malware programs have failed to fix this infection. I do not want to reinstall the Operating System if I can otherwise resolve this.
I need some expert help!
Edited by ihopesomeonecanhelp, 16 August 2010 - 01:10 PM.