Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am infected with Security Tools 2010 and nothing works!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Errors

Errors

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

So here is my situation: Please read before giving answers.

1. I got Security Tools Virus 2010 on the Vista (Laptop)

2. I already tried system restore, however whenever I do system restore, it would finish by saying "Your computer has not completely finished blah blah blah, would you like to try again?" I did this 3 times in a row and got the same exact message at the end. So I gave up on System Restore. I found out that I do not have any restore points on my laptop. I do not know why, but System Restore was on, however the restore points were not saved?

3. Right now I am currently using SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to scan for viruses. This is the solution I have come to:

a) Use Super to scan, delete and restart
:flowers: Then use Malware to scan, delete and hopefully the virus will be gone.

I have this one problem with this plan. So far, it has been successful on SuperAntiSpyware, I deleted around 114 threats (but I never let the scan finish) why? Because it always freezes whenever the process starts to scan this location:

C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.web.extensions.design\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e3\System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll

In other words, I can't complete my scan, and cannot go on to step B :trumpet: Same problem with Malware, for some reason they just seem to freeze at this point and not respond. I found the location but I can't install it! I don't know what to do! Does anyone have an alternative way to delete this virus or a solution to the problems I have had?

Please and Thank You !! x_x

(P.S. Omg I want to track down the person who made this stupid virus and personally murder him!! >:[ )

Oh yeah, I am able to download stuff without having Security Tools pop up, by opening Task Manager in the very beginning of my Start up, and ending the process so that it doesn't pop up anymore. I tried scanning for the virus in Safe Mode as well, but I run into the same problem.

I have tried using other Anti-Virus scans and also downloaded rkill before scanning. I have even tried turning System Restore off and then scan. However none of these solutions work. :thumbsup:

I do not want to reformat my computer because then I need to buy the disks that are needed ;[ I'm a noobie at doing these things!!

Edited by Pandy, 16 August 2010 - 12:25 PM.
Moved from AV to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stor-A11

Stor-A11

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:02 PM

Try ESET Online Scanner.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

You need to run 2 small steps first then have the malware running to kill it.

How to remove XP Security Tool 2010, XP Defender Pro, and Vista Security Tool 2010

Post the scan log when done,It's diificult to know if we are getting any where without them.

The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users