Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Music freezes?!?!?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Viper2191

Viper2191

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hello guys, just freshly installed Vista on my laptop. Its dual core, 4GB of ram, and every time I play music, from online, or music files, every 20 seconds, the song temporarily freezes, for 2 sec, and makes a juttering nose, then the song plays again. WTF? Why is it doing that???This laptop is fast as hell, I dont understand. Never did this running Linux.

** It also does this with all sound, and videos. Yes i have sound drivers.**

Edited by Viper2191, 16 August 2010 - 11:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,885 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

I would try uninstalling/reinstalling the chipset drivers and the audio drivers.

I would do the chipset drivers because...IME, stuttering occurs because the CPU is relied upon for audio and something else is pulling at the CPU at the same time.

A hard drive in need of chkdsk /r and defragging...can also contribute to such stuttering.

Ditto for damaged drivers, IMO.

Louis

#3 Viper2191

Viper2191
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:55 AM

Which chipset driver, I see intel-driver/AMT SOL/LMS, then intel driver/AMT HECI/ then tioch driver/R5C833

Edited by Viper2191, 16 August 2010 - 11:57 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,885 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

I don't think "most important", I just cite those because they...like any other driver...can go bad...and stuttering is a phenomenon that my limited experience says might be closely tied to overall functioning of the system/CPU.

Others might take a different approach than mine.

Solving computer problems...is often nothing but guesswork and the process of eliminating suspects. That's how I approach it :thumbsup:.

Louis

#5 Viper2191

Viper2191
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

I just installed the sound driver from dell, the right one, and now my music sounds like crap, and the volume goes up and down. Where do I get sound drivers that work??

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,885 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

If you care to share the system manufacturer and model...then maybe someone can point to the Vista drivers for your system.

Or you can simply use the drivers CD which came with your system.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users