Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brainstorming ...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 littlecmos

littlecmos

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:17 AM

Brainstorming ...

I really hope that this post is just for a fun. It is not meant to be a War of Words or strong debate.
We shall discuss warmly and share our ideas, opinioins and general knowledge, so and so ...
Shall we?

OK!

Please look at the photo carefully, ( but not stare)
It's 'The Cycling Q' that I named. (I just tested Photoshop CS4 and got that animated photo.)
Enjoy yourself!

Posted Image

"The Question Mark" is turning around. Ok.

Yeah, it is turning around in the one direction. But 'Clockwise' or 'Anti-clockwise' ?

It could be 'Clockwise' for some people and it could also be 'Anti-clockwise' for other ones.
Whenever I look at that photo, the direction of the rotation is sometime clockwise, and sometime anti-clockwise.

Not only one direction but also both directions, for a moment, might be true, but definitely not.

Could you tell me, please, what you just saw? It's pretty good, isn't it?
Whatever you say, I'll really appreciate it.

Edited by Blade Zephon, 16 August 2010 - 06:46 AM.
Moved from Speakeasy to a more appropriate forum. ~BZ

Of non-being there is no coming to be ; Of being there is no ceasing to be !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 littlecmos

littlecmos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

ok. Let's go on.

By that photo, what would I get? A thought or an idea, or somewhat?

Oh, I've got a concept, two statements and one definition!

In the universe, as we've already known, there are both True and False, in another way, both Right and Wrong. But all of us, unfortunately, have ever missed the main point.

That's every "True and False" , "Right and Wrong" , is Relative but Not Absolute!
Otherwise, every "True and False" , "Right and Wrong" , depends on the Standard One which is always defined by the people or society or somewhat.

So, as I described ..., what I've got from the photo is the concept of the Uncertainty of Truth. Truth may change under the variable circumstances. The possible outcomes of the Truth may be confused and even may be inversely changed such as someone's Truth is totally Wrong for another because of the Uncertainty of Truth. So it may be wrong if we try to focus the Truth by One-Way. One sided Truth may not be true longer. The concept of the Uncertainty of Truth may guide you to seek many possible truths and make you open mind.

Ok, finally we can point out two statements by The concept of the Uncertainty of Truth.
1. Every "True" may not be true eternally.
2. Every "False" may not be false eternally.

On the other hand, these statements can be described as follows.
1. Every "True" may be true, but no longer than it can be.
2. Every "False" may be false, but no longer than it can be.

Eventually, I've got that simple definition ...
"TRUTH is, in nature, the relative core for possessing the dual properties, of true and false, itself."

Simply to say, under the control of variable circumstances, the TRUTH may be true and may also be false.

Well...
That's all my point.
How about you? Is there any Ultimate Truth in the Universe? Absolute one? What do you think?

I would really appreciate it if you could let me know your point of view about this post.
I'm looking forward to your replies!

I would like to, sincerely, apologize for my poor English.

Thanks a lot ... ,
Have a nice thought!
cmos

#3 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,467 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

I see it moving from top to bottom.

If I stare at it it seems to switch between clockwise and counter clockwise

#4 littlecmos

littlecmos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:22 AM

Hello my friend, Martel ....

Thanks for your feedback.

I do respect to your reply.

--------------------------------------

Here is my answer.

Not only one direction but also both directions, for a moment, may be true, but definitely not. Because it's, actually, just an illusion. There's no rotation. It's just a sequence of changes between two photos, the Normal question mark and the Inverted one.

So, no rotation means no direction. No 'Clockwise' nor 'Anti-clockwise'. It's all about an illusion!

By the way, the world is plenty of illusion.

Thanks for your eyes.
your funny friend,
cmos

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,546 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

By the way, the world is plenty of illusion.

Without illusion there is no hope.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

Reverse is true also...
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:01 AM

:thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#8 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:39 AM

Reverse is true also...

I agree Galadriel, I went looking through Google and found this about Illusions. How apt it is on what is happening in the World today? Maybe this should be moved to Speakeasy? :thumbsup:

I will just give the two Definations, one on Illusions and one on Disallusions, but there are many others including Misillusion.

illusion
Also found in: Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia, Hutchinson 0.01 sec.

il·lu·sion (-lzhn)
n.
a. An erroneous perception of reality.
b. An erroneous concept or belief.
2. The condition of being deceived by a false perception or belief.
3. Something, such as a fantastic plan or desire, that causes an erroneous belief or perception.
4. Illusionism in art.
5. A fine transparent cloth, used for dresses or trimmings.
[Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin illsi, illsin-, from Latin, a mocking, irony, from illsus, past participle of illdere, to mock : in-, against; see in-2 + ldere, to play; see leid- in Indo-European roots.]
il·lusion·al, il·lusion·ary (-zh-nr) adj.
il·lusion·less adj.

click for a larger image
illusion
top: In a Hering figure, straight horizontal rules appear curved.
bottom: In Gestalt theory boxes, a gray box against a black background appears lighter than the same gray box against a white background.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
illusion [ɪˈluːʒən]
n
1. a false appearance or deceptive impression of reality the mirror gives an illusion of depth
2. a false or misleading perception or belief; delusion he has the illusion that he is really clever
3. (Psychology) Psychol a perception that is not true to reality, having been altered subjectively in some way in the mind of the perceiver See also hallucination
4. (Clothing, Personal Arts & Crafts / Textiles) a very fine gauze or tulle used for trimmings, veils, etc.
[from Latin illūsiō deceit, from illūdere; see illude]
illusionary , illusional adj
illusioned adj

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
Illusion of painters: group of painters, 15th century.
Dictionary of Collective Nouns and Group Terms. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Illusion

Barmecide feast An illusion of plenty; any illusion. In The Arabian Nights, Barmecide, a wealthy Persian noble, invited the beggar Schacabac to dine with him at a banquet table laden with dishes, all empty of food. The host feigned indulgence in the illusionary banquet, and when the beggar followed suit with gusto, Barmecide repented of his joke and served the pauper a sumptuous repast. This latter aspect of the story does not figure into the meaning of the phrase; Barmecide feast retains only that aspect of the story dealing with the nonexistent fare.

cast beyond the moon To indulge in fanciful, outlandish thoughts about the future; to imagine the impossible. One definition of cast is “to calculate or conjecture, to anticipate, to forecast” (OED). The moon was considered a mysterious force of inexplicable power. Beyond the moon reinforces the idea of a realm where nothing is impossible. The phrase appeared as early as the mid-16th century.

But oh, I talk of things impossible, and cast beyond the moon. (Thomas Hey wood, A Woman Killed with Kindness, 1607)

castles in Spain Fanciful notion; pipe dream—the opposite of all that is practical, reasonable, and grounded in common sense. The phrase appeared in English in The Romance of the Rose (approx. 1400).

Thou shalt make castles then in Spain,
And dream of joy, all but in vain.

Château en Espagne, the French equivalent, dates from the 13th century. The OED attributes the reference to Spain to the fact that it represents a “foreign country where one had no standing-ground.” Spain was superseded by the now current air or sky.

castles in the air Visionary projects; daydreams or fantasies; impractical, romantic, or whimsical schemes; half-baked ideas without solid foundation. This phrase, common since 1575, is equivalent to castles in the sky.

Things are thought, which never yet were wrought,

And castles built above in lofty skies.

(George Gascoigne, The Steele Glas, 1575)

Fata Morgana See ENTICEMENT.

fool’s paradise A self-deceptive state of contentment or bliss; a mental condition in which one’s happiness is generated by delusions and false hopes. The expression is derived from the Latin limbus fatuorum, a quasi-limbo where the mentally feeble went after death. The phrase has evolved to mean the fantasy world inhabited by certain daft individuals.

You have been revelling in a fool’s paradise of leisure. (James Beres-ford, The Miseries of Human Life, 1807)

pie in the sky An illusion of future benefits and blessings which will never be realized; an unattainable state of happiness or utopia. This expression, probably alluding to the concept of pie as something sweet and desirable, and sky as in the air, beyond one’s reach, was popularized in a World War I song often attributed to Joe Hill (1927):

You will eat, bye and bye,
In the glorious land above the sky!
Work and pray,
Live on hay,
You’ll get pie in the sky when you die!

pipe dream An unrealistic and often fantastic plan, goal, or idea. One source suggests that this expression alludes to the dreams and schemes which may inspire an opium addict after he has smoked a pipeful of the drug.

tilt at windmills To combat imaginary evils, to fight opponents or injustices that are merely the figments of an over-active imagination. The allusion is to Cervantes’ Don Quixote de la Mancha, in which the hero Don Quixote imagines the windmills he has come upon to be giants and proceeds to do battle, with the result that both the knight and his horse are injured and his lance destroyed. At this Quixote’s squire Sancho Panza says that anyone who mistakes windmills for giants must have windmills in his head, i.e., suffer delusions, be crazy. The equivalent French phrase is se battre contre les moulins à vent. A variant of the expression appeared in Frederic W. Farrar’s book on Christ:

Dr. Edersheim is again—so far as I am concerned—fighting a windmill.

Picturesque Expressions: A Thematic Dictionary, 1st Edition. © 1980 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
Noun 1. illusionillusion - an erroneous mental representation
semblance
fantasm, phantasm, phantasma, phantom, shadow, apparition - something existing in perception only; "a ghostly apparition at midnight"
appearance - a mental representation; "I tried to describe his appearance to the police"
irradiation - the apparent enlargement of a bright object when viewed against a dark background
phantom limb - the illusion that a limb still exists after it has been amputated
2. illusionillusion - something many people believe that is false; "they have the illusion that I am very wealthy"
fancy, phantasy, fantasy
misconception - an incorrect conception
bubble - an impracticable and illusory idea; "he didn't want to burst the newcomer's bubble"
ignis fatuus, will-o'-the-wisp - an illusion that misleads
wishful thinking - the illusion that what you wish for is actually true
3. illusion - the act of deluding; deception by creating illusory ideas
head game, delusion
dissimulation, deception, dissembling, deceit - the act of deceiving
4. illusionillusion - an illusory feat; considered magical by naive observers
conjuring trick, legerdemain, magic trick, thaumaturgy, magic, deception, conjuration, trick
performance - the act of presenting a play or a piece of music or other entertainment; "we congratulated him on his performance at the rehearsal"; "an inspired performance of Mozart's C minor concerto"
card trick - a trick performed with playing cards
prestidigitation, sleight of hand - manual dexterity in the execution of tricks
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
illusion
noun
1. delusion, misconception, misapprehension, fancy, deception, fallacy, self-deception, false impression, false belief, misbelief No one really has any illusions about winning the war.
2. false impression, feeling, appearance, impression, fancy, deception, imitation, sham, pretence, semblance, fallacy Floor-to-ceiling windows give the illusion of extra space.
false impression fact, truth, reality, actuality
3. fantasy, vision, hallucination, trick, spectre, mirage, semblance, daydream, apparition, chimera, figment of the imagination, phantasm, ignis fatuus, will-o'-the-wisp It creates the illusion of moving around in the computer's graphic environment.

Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002

Link http://www.thefreedictionary.com/illusion

disillusion
Also found in: Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia 0.01 sec.

dis·il·lu·sion (ds-lzhn)
tr.v. dis·il·lu·sioned, dis·il·lu·sion·ing, dis·il·lu·sions
To free or deprive of illusion.
n.
1. The act of disenchanting.
2. The condition or fact of being disenchanted.
disil·lusion·ment n.
disil·lusive (-sv, -zv) adj.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
disillusion [ˌdɪsɪˈluːʒən]
vb
(tr) to destroy the ideals, illusions, or false ideas of
n also disillusionment
(Psychology) the act of disillusioning or the state of being disillusioned

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
Noun 1. disillusion - freeing from false belief or illusions
disenchantment, disillusionment
edification, sophistication - uplifting enlightenment
Verb 1. disillusion - free from enchantment
disenchant
disappoint, let down - fail to meet the hopes or expectations of; "Her boyfriend let her down when he did not propose marriage"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
disillusion
verb
shatter your illusions, disabuse, bring down to earth, open the eyes of, disenchant, undeceive I hate to disillusion you, but he's already married.
noun
disenchantment, disappointment, rude awakening There is disillusion with established political parties.

Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002

Link http://www.thefreedictionary.com/disillusion

Regards,

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#9 littlecmos

littlecmos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

well,

thanks for all of your participation !

I'll change the next topic.

Have a nice day!
your friend,
cmos

#10 littlecmos

littlecmos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

Dancing with Egg & Hen

Egg & Hen

(This is the old question. But we've never answered and figured out a certain solution with an appropriate proof.)
This is not really important for life and survival case. It's just for fun.
Ok. Let's find out the reasonable solution by unusual thoughts, perhaps imaginary ones.

The question is :
Which one is the first? Egg or Hen?

To approach the problem/question, we have a condition.
That's we need to be flexible in paradigm shift from olddy thought about this problem, by these newly unusual concepts :
i) illusion of Cause and Effect (ICE)
ii) the coincidence of harmonic events (CHE)

#11 littlecmos

littlecmos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:49 AM

Why we should abandon the olddy way of thinking !

Ok. Let's start the game!

We, simply and normally, guess the whole phenomenon as a sequence of events ruled by Cause and Effect concept / theory.
There's a Cause and thus there's an Effect. And also that Effect might change in the form of Cause for the Next and produce the later Effect. And so and so ... The process will be progressive!

But in other hands, no cause make no effect and totally brake down the sequence of cause-effect - (cause for the next)-effect-...
Therefore, we, unfortunately, lost the reliable concept for the most first Cause which have to produce the Cause in the form of effect! (please look at the diagram.)

Posted Image

*That diagram shows the failure of thinking of ultimate beginning in the sequence of "Cause and Effect".*

Ok. For example :

Where from should we start to think for we couldn't know what is the real start at the ultimate beginning of the whole process concerned with egg -- hen?

However, we know exactly that 'hen make egg and egg make hen and so on'.
Here, hen is not only the Cause but also the Effect in the whole progress. So is egg. Thus the way of thinking is fixed in the Cause and Effect concept. Hence, we couldn't able to find out the reliable solution for the ultimate beginning of that. We are, unfortunately, trapped! This is the logically dangerous set-up and make us not able to imagine the possible beginning of that. And we have no end for seeking the most first possible Cause, egg or hen.

Ok. If we clearly know that it's a trap, we have to stop and break it down.

But how?

Edited by littlecmos, 29 August 2010 - 09:57 AM.

#12 littlecmos

littlecmos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

Finding the new way or perhaps Crazy thoughts!

Ok.
Before I tell you how we should think, I wanna introduce about the Illusion of Cause and Effect, a little.

As we've already known, all things flow in the concept of Cause and Effect. Everything!

Actually, it's not real. It's the only illustrated form or design for the way of thinking.

If we've completely accepted the concept of Cause and Effect, we all are already struck. By the concept of Cause and Effect, if there's no Cause, then there's no Effect. There must be a definite Cause but it's withdrawn itself. I mean it's not possible to find out the definite first Cause without any supported Cause according to the Cause and Effect concept.

It doesn't meet with my approval. (Just for me!) So, I tried to figure out the new way of thinking.

I think, as I already described, the concept of Cause and Effect is just an illustrated form or design for the way of thinking. The illusion! It's not real!

There are some phenomenons which totally deviate form the concept of C & E. (But I couldn't able to express them exactly. Arguably, you can observe those concepts in the cellular mechanisms, in the process of how generating the protein in DNA, in the phenomenon of electrons liberation from their orbits.)

Well, here, what I can say is the Uncertainty of the concept of C & E. It may derive you to the concept of Illusion of Cause and Effect.(ICE)

What does ICE make?

If we accept ICE, there is no need to find out the most first Cause for the sequence of Cause and Effect flow.

By ICE, there may be an event without Cause. I mean, not need any Cause to initiate something. Something, at first, could happen without Cause.

Here, we need another concept. That's the coincidence of harmonic events in the nature.

for example :

Water evaporates due to the heat of Sun. In this case, the sun doesn't produce the heat in the purpose of Water Evaporation. The sun just produce heat particularly. And water evaporates by the heat of sun particularly. No purpose, no intention. But it's a pretty harmony of particular events in the nature. We can compare and see that concept in the process of body mechanisms or several events in the nature.

Ok. We almost deviate from the subject of "Egg---Hen---Which is the first?".

#13 littlecmos

littlecmos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:26 AM

Happy Ending of the Game!

Let's focus on it.

By means of the concept of "the coincidence of harmonic events " in the nature, I'll have to assume that the egg is the first.

Because development of or creating the form of an egg by the natural coincidences is easier than that of a hen. (I mean to become an egg by the natural coincidences indicates that it needs to be compounded of some substances such as some amino acids, some carbohydrate and some other else. Surely, it must be easier than to become a hen by natural coincidences.

Well, "Egg---or--Hen---Which is the first?

The answer, just for me, is "Egg". It's very reliable and reasonable to me.
These all are just what I thought.

For your own answer, the choice is yours!

After dancing with "Egg and Hen", the egg is cracked and the hen ran away!
And what's your comment?

Thanks for your eyes.
Catch the hen and cook the egg!
Your funny friend,
cmos

#14 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,467 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:00 PM

The egg

Perhaps all the lifeforms are the results of experimental designs of superior life forms.

They mix a little of this with a little of that let it set for a while then it is born. Like a science project.

Or Divine intervention

How could humans be here on this earth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users