Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Over-Useage due to ccSvcHst.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 swink

swink

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:50 AM

every so often, my CPU useage goes Way Up -- between 40-to 70 or 80 percent.

Process Explorer shows it as ccSvcHst.exe / Symantec Service Framework PID 916, !endthread+0x61 (with various CSwitch Delta and TIDs.

Once it had a msvcr80.dll and another time diMaster.dll

Any clue as to what's going on? (Oh, i'm on XP by the way)

i found this Goggling, but it hasn't helped me much:
http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Inte...usage/m-p/42741

Thanks, if anyone has any ideas.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hi swink,

Mike here from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

First, make sure that you have all of the available Windows Update patches applied to Windows XP. Make sure that Windows Defender is disabled, and if you are using Norton Internet Security or Norton 360, the Windows Firewall needs to be disabled as well to avoid conflicts.

Next, make sure that you are using the latest version of your Norton product which is the 2010 version(Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security or Version 4 of Norton 360). If you need to update to the latest version, which is free as long as your subscription is still active, visit the Norton Update Center at the link below.

Norton Update Center

After you have updated, or if you are using the latest version, manually run LiveUpdate to ensure you have the latest patches applied and then complete a Full System Scan to check for infections.

Thanks,
Mike

every so often, my CPU useage goes Way Up -- between 40-to 70 or 80 percent.

Process Explorer shows it as ccSvcHst.exe / Symantec Service Framework PID 916, !endthread+0x61 (with various CSwitch Delta and TIDs.

Once it had a msvcr80.dll and another time diMaster.dll

Any clue as to what's going on? (Oh, i'm on XP by the way)

i found this Goggling, but it hasn't helped me much:
http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Inte...usage/m-p/42741

Thanks, if anyone has any ideas.

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

#3 jsaklas

jsaklas

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

I have the same problem as swink.

I will do what you ask, but I can not find Windows Defender. I am running XP but I use the old NT format. When I click on Start, there is no Windows Defender.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users