Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Lifecam 3.0/Skype

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sarahlinzee

sarahlinzee

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:34 PM

I've used this camera on a different computer, and it has worked perfect for hours at a time. I've removed software, re-installed many times.
everytime i use this camera with Skype on my computer it will lose sound on the other end (mine always works fine) and they complain of static, or it will crash my computer. 9/10 times i use Skype there will be small horizontal lines across the screen.... just before it starts to lose the connection. No Skype help menus are able to fix this problem.

Please help...

Edited by Pandy, 17 August 2010 - 10:04 AM.
Moved from Windows XP to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sarahlinzee

sarahlinzee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

I need some help fixing my SKype. i've tried a few cameras, no matter which i use, my skype will work for 2-10 minutes then crash my whole computer and reboot.... i dont know where to find an error message explaining what this is...
i've uninstalled it many times. i've tried multiple cameras, and still it will crash. it works fine with just audio. so its something to do with video

pease help :thumbsup:

#3 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

Sounds like a bad piece of hardware.

Have you watched your task manager when the problems occur?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users