Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emachines EM250 Factory Settings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lauren622

lauren622

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

Hey. (:

I recently got a virus on my Emachines EM250 netbook. I have windows XP and the virus was security suite. I tried to catch the virus with Malwarebytes, Spyware Doctor, and Super anti spyware. None of these worked, and now my computer is to the point where I can't run it without being in safe mode. I've also tried to restore my computer to an earlier date, and that wont work either.

So, with having everything backed up onto flash drives, I've come to the point where I just want to restore my computer to factory settings. The problem is, I can't figure out how to do so. I'm aware of the Recovery Management area in my programs, but I lost my instruction manual so I have no idea what to do. Being a netbook, it has no disk drivers, so when tutorials tell me to insert the recovery disk, I obviously can't. Anyone who could help me with a tutorial on how to restore, or just any helpful information at all would be extremely appreciated. I'm about ready to just give up on the thing.

Please and thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pigmon

Pigmon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:10 AM

I had a similar issue, here's what I did but do keep in mind that my Netbook runs on Windows 7. Click on the start icon, right-click on "Computer" then click on "Properties." On the left hand side are quick links, the third to last one should be "Action Center," click that then look to the bottom of the page where there's a computer icon with a clock called "Recovery," click that. Click on the blue text that reads "Advanced recovery methods," There should be a rather large button called "Return your computer to factory conditions," click that and follow the on screen instructions. Hope that helps.

Edit: The URL is " Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery\Advanced Recovery Methods "

Edited by Pigmon, 30 December 2010 - 04:11 AM.

#3 BryanEW710

BryanEW710

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:59 AM

Did anything come of this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users