Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I've been stupid..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aeselrov

Aeselrov

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

So hello,

I installed linux/ubuntu some time ago but it always had priority over Win7 and always had to boot Win7 manually by waiting and pushing the arrow keys on every boot anyway got annoyed and wanted to do something about it. I installed EasyBCD and by accident I selected that I didn't had any OS anymore as bootable so now I am stuck I can't boot anything anymore without a CD which is home atm and I am not. Can anyone help me?

Sincerely,
Aeselrov

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustinTerry

AustinTerry

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

You basically have 2 options.

1. Use your Ubuntu live cd, boot into that and restore Grub. That will get you back to were you started from. I can give you instructions on how to re-install Grub if that is the route you want to go.

2. Use your Windows 7 cd, boot into that and select Startup Repair, that will re-install Windows Master Boot Record, and you will be able to boot up into Windows, but Windows won't be able to see you Linux partition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users