Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Yahoo When Using Firefox

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Moto

Moto

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:55 PM

In Yahoo's home page, I click on various links, but none of them open. I put my mouse cursor over a link and the little hand appears. Then I left-click but nothing happens. I can right-click and open the link in new window or tab, but I get nothing with the normal left-click. This problem only occurs when I'm using Firefox. IE works fine.

Edited by Moto, 30 October 2005 - 10:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:41 PM

Does other pages work with a lot of links on their page? It may be that something installed wrong. It could also be very bad have you scanned for viruses and spyware?

#3 Moto

Moto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:57 AM

Does other pages work with a lot of links on their page? It may be that something installed wrong. It could also be very bad have you scanned for viruses and spyware?

Thanks for the reply. Only Yahoo was affected by this problem. My PC is clean, according to various spyware scans and a thorough Avast scan. Anyhow, I made a new Firefox profile, importing my old bookmarks, reloading my extensions, ect. The Yahoo problem is gone now -- but I don't know what the heck happened to screw it up in the first place!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users