Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fake Security Program and No Browsing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dropsix

dropsix

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hello out there,

I seem to have picked up a problem. I get an internet security program (fake) that won't go away. It hangs out on the bottom right of the taskbar (windows vista) and pops up every 20 seconds saying that (whatever program) is infected and I need to activate the fake security program. Also, i am unable to open Malwarebytes or anything else and my browser does not let me look at any websites (again without saying that it is possible that my computer is infected and i need to use the fake security program.)

In addition, I don't know if this is related but I hope it is. Prior to this "fake security" problem. My normal serch engine (yahoo) was directing any sites i searched for to suspicious sites. Ex. search for 'the onion' and click on the first choice of links, which would normally be 'the onion' and be redirected to something entirely different and evil.

Can you help? What more do you need to know about this? The only way I'm able to post this is in Safe Mode on windows.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users