Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Disk And Sounds Card Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ahmedlibrian

ahmedlibrian

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:17 PM

Hello friends!
Howz every body i hope fine. Friends i have two problems i hope you will help me out of this problem.

Problem 1:
--------------
Actually yesterday i had a problem with hard disk. It stops working. I thought that may be my hard disk dies out. So i checked it out in the setup but it shows hard disk detection. Then i thought may be window problems. I try to install windows. First it took a very long time to go to command prompt. If it reached there I run fdisk command to access the hard disk but there i found another problem. It was not going inside and quits the fdisk by giving the message "Not reading Drive C". What is the problem persists and what is the possible solution?

Probem II:
---------------
I face another problem 2 days ago. The problem was with sound card. My PC has windows XP. Sound card is installed properly. As i plugged in the pin of my PC speakers then it continues a beep. As i plugged the pin out beep stops and same as i take it in. Then i buy an external sound card and plugged it in and installs. Everything be successful but as i takes speakers pin inside the external sound card no sound plays. What is the problem and solution?

Is it problems with the onboard sound chip. If so then what should i do? Or if is there any other reason that what is that? Please help me out of these problems.

Looking forwards ................................... Ahmed Hassan

Edited by KoanYorel, 31 October 2005 - 12:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jbravo

jbravo

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:10 AM

problem 1:
this problem arises due to bad sectors on your hard disk. just check for bad sectors ( u can use scandisk for this ) and u'll see many of them. try recovering bad sectors else go for a new hdd.

problem 2:
i could not undestand what u'r saying.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:44 AM

Try going into the BIOS and disabling (turn off) the onboard sound.

By the way Hassan :thumbsup: to BC :flowers:
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 ahmedlibrian

ahmedlibrian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:48 PM

Hi friends!
I hope u all will be fine. First of all thanks friends for replying my message. Well as well as sound card's problem is concerned, I disabled the onboard sound card then tried to access the external card but the problem did not resolved. I think the problem might be with the onboard sound chip (IC).

Well thanks friends for replying. .......... My prapers are with you ............. Take care allz...

Ahmed Hassan

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:25 PM

Hassan go into the 'DEVICE MANAGER" in System Properties and disable the onboard sound there also.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users