Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sidebar.exe - Bad Image

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brian27

brian27

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

Hi there, this is my first time posting on this forum. My g-friend's computer is displaying the following message in a pop-up upon start-up of the computer:
sidebar.exe - Bad Image
C:\Windows\system32\sfc.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I went to the following titled forum "Dll C:\windows\system32\sfc.dll Is Not A Valid Windows, Cant figure out how to fix the error" and it referred me to this forum.
Is there anything I can do or is it time for her to get a new computer?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Brian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,277 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:05 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

This partiular error seems to pop up often with Vista...you sure XP is installed?

No clear cut answer that I can see on the Web...the one sure resoluation seems to peg it as malware.

I will move this to the Am I Infected forum.

Louis

#3 brian27

brian27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

oh yes, sorry, it is Vista. Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users