Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battlefield bad company 2 on a single core???

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mute20

mute20

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

Now I know it says duel core ,but I have seen some videos of people playing the game on a single core .
My system is like maybe a tier above this and I was wondering what kind of fps I should expect with everything on low for multiplayer at 1024x768.

specs
AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3500+ 2.2 ghz
3 gigs of ram
GeForce 9500 GT 1gig

The only thing my system lacks after using the system requirement test is the duel core everything else is fine

P.S. I used to play bf2 at about 10-30 fps and it was still an enjoyable experience except I could only play karkand on 64 players without the game being unplayable.

Edited by mute20, 15 August 2010 - 01:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:12 PM

Might be playable with low graphics on a really low resolution. . .

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

Negative. It's minimum requirements are a dual core CPU at 2GHz+.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

Negative. It's minimum requirements are a dual core CPU at 2GHz+.

ya, thats what they say, because thats the lowest theyve tested on-Ive played games with CPUs well below minimum requirements. Heck, when Flight simulator 2002 came out I was playing it on a system with half the minimum requirements, and it was playable. That being said, not all games are like that, and it probably won't-It would a be a try at own risk. You can try it, but if it doesn't work you will have to upgrade your CPU.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

I own the game and I play it all the time. It stresses out my Core 2 Quad quite a bit and that is world's more powerful than an Athlon 64 3500+. He might be able to load a level but once he gets in any sort of combat he's going to die repeatedly and it will frustrate him.

Bad Company 2 is the reason I upgraded from my old E6400 dual core @ 3.2GHz to my Q9450 quad core at 3.2GHz. The game really does need as many cores as you can throw at it.

#6 mute20

mute20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Yeah I will just wait saw it on steam for 30$ so I kinda got excited ,but I will just wait till I buy a new computer

#7 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:19 PM

It will be well worth it to play it on a higher end PC. It's one of the best FPS games I have ever played. You can see my stats from here that I have played it extensively.

#8 mute20

mute20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:00 AM

Being a bf2 veteran I have already experienced the fun of battlefield http://www.bf2stats.net/player/64574774/ . On a side note how is ranking up how fast is it?? Also I know grenades aren't as strong as previous battlefields how useful are they? One last thing how are the vehicels are they power weapons on the maps they are on.

#9 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:29 AM

Ranking up is fast at first. As you progress to the upper ranks it gets harder as it requires more and more points with each next rank. It also depends on the game mode that you play. If you play Conquest you can expect to get less points. In Rush mode you can really pile up points. Also, the more you kill people with weapons the more you get bonus points. You can get a Bronze, Silver, Gold and even Platinum star for each weapon. The Gold stars reward 5,000 points each and the Platinum star is 10,000 points. If you look at my stats under Insignias you will see more ways to earn bonus points (500 head shots for example is a 10K bonus).

Using the Medic class is also a great way to get a lot of points. You get points for healing people and major points for reviving people. Stick near your squad members and you get double points for healing or reviving them.

You will have the benefit of improved accuracy in guns as well. When the game first came out the guns were not as accurate. Through patches EA has improved the game and all weapons are more accurate. So be careful and don't run out in the open all the time.

Grenades can be lethal. You can cook them too. I generally toss them where I see people around a flag or inside buildings. There are specializations (perks) that can add to the explosive power of grenades. You are limited to one grenade unless you use the Grenade Vest specialization. Which is good because then you don't have a typical nade spam all over the place like in Modern Warfare. Expect a lot of tubers and people firing rocket launchers at close range.

Tanks are pretty powerful. There's a ranged hit on them so you can fire at the ground if you see an enemy and they will go flying through the air as they are killed. APCs are decent. They fire in 5-6 round bursts. There are vehicle specializations to add range, armor or secondary weapons such as a machine gun on the tank turret or missile launcher on the APC. The UAV is quite lethal too. You can spot people with it and fire devastating laser guided missiles. You can even equip it with a pair of guns so you can mow people down from above.

Edited by JonM33, 20 August 2010 - 07:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users