Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new member with a problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pearlb

pearlb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

Hi everyone,

My name is Pearl and I have just joined the community because I have been trying to sort out this computer problem since last week. I cannot load up windows xp as I keep getting the blue screen with error message stop:0x000000x24 . I have tried booting up with a bootable cd disk to access the recovery console but no luck. What I need I think is to be able to create the recovery console so that I can use it to boot up. Any ideas how to create this. I did read where it says to create recovery on your computer but I cannot boot up to my computer. I am using my dauhters laptop at the moment. Mine is a dell dimension 9150 desktop with xp sp3. I need some help thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

Hi Pearl, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Try doing a Last Known Good Configuration.

Start the computer and then press the F8 key when Windows begins to start. The Windows Advanced Options menu appears.

Use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.

If a boot menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Microsoft Windows XP, and then press ENTER. Windows XP restores the computer to the most recent restore point.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...re/restore.mspx

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:56 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

<<I have tried booting up with a bootable cd disk to access the recovery console but no luck.>>

"A bootable CD disk"...does that mean that it came with the system you are trying to repair? What happens when the CD is inserted and the system boots?

Have you tried running Dell Diagnostics on the system?

Generally...STOP 24 error messages can indicate a problem with a file, the file system, or the hard drive.

From what I see...Dimension 9150s were issued with "reinstallation disks". These are not equivalent to retail copies of MS Genuine XP, as I understand it.

Do you also have a Drivers CD and a Software CD?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users