Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A/V Suite Developed Immune System?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wu78754

wu78754

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:39 AM

Hello, I am Patrick and I am from Austin, Texas. I hope someone can help me with this pest issue.

The first time my computer was infected with A/V Suites Maleware, I followed the advice here and it worked.

More than 1 month later, it got infected again.

This time I followed the same steps, but it doesn't work.

First, there is an error message: Error loading ftegp.dll.

Then it says "rundll32.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your anti-virus software now?"

I have repeated the removal process four times since yesterday, and each time it removed something; but after reboot, the malware is still there.

Looks like the removal process or the scanner needs some update to catch up with the virus writer.

Edited by hamluis, 15 August 2010 - 10:27 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kris.83

kris.83

• Banned
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:22 AM

You should first go here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

And after following the instructions from the above link post your problem(S) here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users