Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Error Recovery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 happycow

happycow

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

I don't know if this is the right place to put this because I don't have a clue what's wrong with my laptop. My brother said he turned it off the other day whilst it was in the middle of upgrading and he thinks that might have done something to it. Now if I try to turn it on I get a blue screen first with some writing on but that goes after only a couple of seconds so I don't know exactly what it says. Then I get another screen that says

Windows Error Recovery

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

If Windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, startup repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. If power was interrupted during startup, choose start Windows normally.
(Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice)

Launch startup repair (recommended)
Start Windows normally

I've tried starting windows normally but I just get the blue screen with writing again and then back to the Windows Error recovery screen. If I launch startup repair it gives me four options. Start Microsoft Windows Repair Environment, Reinstall Windows, Advanced Options or Exit and Restart computer.

Can anyone help at all? Or should I just take it to a computer person because I don't want to make it any worse!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

Did you do as suggested...and run the repair option?

Have you read up on what the repair option presented...actually does to your system?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 15 August 2010 - 11:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users